I’ve published a new installment of the series, this time titled “The UXP Landscape Guide: mapping your learning journey through Adobe extensibility”.
This one is a longer (~40 min) presentation which goal is to give a sense of what UXP is all about. Mostly to inform the learning journey of people approaching it for the first time, with just a vague idea of the territory’s shape.
I’m going through a bit of history, the tech stack, the rationale, the possibilities, stuff to master, stuff to know something about, stuff to stay away from, resources, etc.
You can find it here.
The complete series so far:
- #01 – Rundown on the UXP announcement @ the Adobe MAX 2020
- #02 - Documentation
- #03 - UXP Developer Tool
- #04 - Commands vs. Panels and the manifest.json
- #05 - Sync vs. Async code in Photoshop DOM Scripting
- #06 - BatchPlay (part 1): the ActionManager roots
- #07 - BatchPlay (part 2): Alchemist as a UXP Script Listener
- #08 - BatchPlay (part 3): Alchemist as a UXP Inspector
- #09 - Adobe Spectrum UXP
- #10 - Modal Dialogs
- #11 - Flyout menus & Entrypoints
- #12 - React JS and the UXP/React course
- #13 - Manifest v5
- #Special - The UXP Landscape Guide
Have a nice day and thanks!