Entrypoints callbacks: mostly still not working?

Hi,
it’s been a while since I’ve looked at this: the entrypoints callbacks create(), show(), hide(), destroy().

In the past, there was an issue about create() not being fired—we had to use show() to trigger it. Now create() works independently (good!) but:

• show() runs only once.
  • hide() never does.
  • destroy() neither—when should it, BTW?

This in Photoshop. Still a known set of issues?
Thanks!

—Davide

This works for me:

Correct, event listeners work :grinning: but not entrypoints… :thinking:

But this does not cover create and destroy, right?

Do you mean the uxpcommand listeners? Correct, AFAIK, although create() works fine, so we’re short of a destroy, I think.
Even though, a full set in the entrypoints—as designed—would be idea.

1 Like

i had posted some updates on this thread related to Indesign, same is the case with Photoshop, there is some implememtation pending on the Photoshop to get all the entrypoints working as expected

more details about the current behaviour are below

1 Like

Thanks for chiming in Vinay!
So the bottom line is:
Plugin events: create(), destroy(), managed entirely by UXP, they work as expected
Panel events: require integration efforts from the product team, we’re not completely there yet.

1 Like

Hi @vinayKumarG, I’ve been following the discussions about UXP panel events in Photoshop and, like others, I’m encountering an issue: the create and show events work properly, but it seems that the hide and destroy events are not triggering as they should. Have there been any updates or resolutions regarding this matter? I would like to know if the problem has been resolved and how, as I am still facing this difficulty at the moment. Thank you for your assistance.

There is bug I reported to UXP team. If plugin is installed in production mode and you load same plugin in DevTools it will destroy only panels but not plugin itself. So under certain circumstance you can have same plugin loaded 2-3× living and working in memory but hidden in UI. Plugin destroy events are not fired. But without mixing production and devtools together it works as it should. @indranil

1 Like