The CustomElementRegistry already contains an entry with the same name

Hi all,

when I try to integrate the Spectrum Web Component “Toast”, I get the following error message. I also had this with “Tags”.

uxp://uxp-internal/domjs_scripts.js:2 
Uncaught r_message: "The CustomElementRegistry already contains an entry with the same name."
_name: "NotSupportedError"code: (...)message: (...)name: (...)stack: "NotSupportedError: The CustomElementRegistry already contains an entry with the same name.\n    at uxp://uxp-internal/domjs_scripts.js:2:61780\n    at u (uxp://uxp-internal/domjs_scripts.js:2:61882)\n    at Object.define (uxp://uxp-internal/domjs_scripts.js:2:62442)\n    at node_modules/@spectrum-web-components/icons-ui/icons/sp-icon-cross75.js (./main.js:10471:20)\n    at __init (./main.js:9:56)\n    at node_modules/@swc-uxp-internal/toast/node_modules/@spectrum-web-components/button/src/CloseButton.js (./main.js:10644:5)\n    at __init (./main.js:9:56)\n    at node_modules/@swc-uxp-internal/toast/node_modules/@spectrum-web-components/button/sp-close-button.js (./main.js:10697:5)\n    at __init (./main.js:9:56)\n    at node_modules/@swc-uxp-internal/toast/src/Toast.js (./main.js:11104:5)"[[Prototype]]: Error

Imported Spectrum Web Compontents:

require("@spectrum-web-components/theme/sp-theme.js");
require("@spectrum-web-components/theme/src/themes.js");
require("@swc-uxp-wrappers/action-button/sp-action-button.js");
require("@swc-uxp-wrappers/toast/sp-toast.js");

Node modules:

According to the documentation, sp-toast should be fully supported in InDesign: https://developer.adobe.com/indesign/uxp/reference/uxp-api/reference-spectrum/swc/

How does this name conflict come about? Does anyone have any idea why?

Roland

Have had a similar problem. In my case, it happened when I was installing with npm even though yarn is recommended.

Once removed the node_modules folder and re-installed everything with yarn, it worked fine.

Thanks for the tip! I will try yarn and give feedback.

Roland

With yarn, different versions of the SWC are imported in some cases. Unfortunately, it still does not work.

This is probably due to the icons. If I comment out the lines with e.g. customElements.define(“sp-icon-cross75”, IconCross75) in the bundled script, the error disappears. They are registered twice with the same name. But that is not a solution either.

Roland

Unfortunately that is all the solution I know.