Autocomplete in the debug console fails to work past the top level

A large way that I’ve been able to explore javascript objects is by checking the autocomplete drop-down menus and seeing what properties and methods are available. In UXP Developer Tool, in the debug console, I am unable to get autocomplete menus working past app.[dropdown here]
Any layer below that, such as app.activeDocument.[???] displays no autocomplete menu, so what I have to do is type in app.activeDocument, press enter, then expand the tree manually and use my best guess for every layer below the top level, which makes this process extremely tedious. I’ve been unable to find out why this is the case, or how I can fix it. I’m on an M1 Macbook.

I believe that this has to do with the actual DOM objects being hidden behind proxies, as of API v2. I’m not as well-versed in things I’d do from the console to bring up the autocomplete properties/methods in the case where the actual objects are hidden behind proxies.

What I’ve been doing is an iterative process of going to the deepest object that will autocomplete, expanding the tree, manually chaining on a name of one of properties/methods that I’d like to investigate, pressing enter, and repeating.

If there’s a better way to do it from the console in the UXP Dev Tool, I’d be curious.