Big problem: When using Ai Masking in Camera raw filter

The code generated by Alchemist does have the same problem-error as when creating an action in Photoshop.

When it is invoked with a new image, the mask comes with the parameter of the old created image and does not update to the new image.

This is a big problem.

I think there’s some information missing in your description

Yes, I have already reported this problem to the Adobe team from the javascript site, Unfortunately they haven’t fixed this problem yet. the problem is that we don’t know when they will fix this problem.

UXP is stillborn
Adobe should have attached babel to ExtendScript and everyone would have been happy. But no
I did benchmarks comparing UXP vs CEP (ExtendScript) - working with layers, masks, files. CEP wins everywhere. In addition, the Node.js ecosystem has been cut down. It’s depressing

Thanks!
But I guess maybe Karmalakas didn’t understand what I said.
So I ask:
It works for you to create a preset in camera raw filter using AI mask and,
try to apply the preset to a new image using a Action.

For me the problem is that when trying to use the preset created with a different image the selection belongs to the preview image no to the actual image. So the preset does not get update to be apply to the actual image.

if you creat a Action directly in photoshop it hapens the same.No Update for the new image.

so Alchemist is doing the same problem.

Isn’t that expected? I mean masks are based on pixels, right? If you same some collection of pixels to the preset, no wonder it applies same pixels to any images :thinking: As an example, Blend if mask could be used as an alternative maybe? It’s not using pixel data. Or am I missing something?

Thanks for answering!
This is different.
If the camera raw filter allows us to create a preset with AI Selection: Body and Face, is becasue we are goin to use it with another image no with the same image over and over again - that does not make sense.
when trying to apply with the with another image since it is a preset, the parameters they bring are not updated to the new image.

I notice that when creating apreset using a Raw file in the Camera Raw , if i open a new image manually he preset works fine - get update to the actual image.

The problem is when it is called from an action and we reuse the preset, it is not updated.

My understanding is, that ACR is a separate app after all and presets work fine there. Actions are run inside Ps and not ACR, so Ps doesn’t know it was an AI preset and it doesn’t know it needs to detect body and face again.

Just thinking out loud here.

Maybe Adobe could do something about this, but I’m not sure if it’s an actual bug. Although it might seem as it is, because why would they let you record an action of what is done in ACR and then not play that action in ACR…

Yeah… Just thinking out loud… :sweat_smile:

How can I let Adobe know the problem, is there a forum or place where Adobe responds.

Karmalaka I don’t share your thoughts, how come if I create an action that recalls the camera raw filter and apply some adjustments it works well, However, when I create a mask action does it work badly?

My guess is that AI masks are created on the fly based on the image whereas other settings based on the users placement of the sliders. The slider positions could easily be recordable, but invoking AI selection might not be. It appears the selection DID get recorded, but not the command requesting an new on-the-fly selection did not. I’m with @Karmalakas. Not sure if that’s a bug or not.

Since ACR made this option available I tried to create a script that could use the skin mask, however, I always came across the same problem.
The only way I found it was to make that old unwanted stop to update the mask.

Thanks @Ancelmoa
But for me to create a solution usin a plugin in Uxp in that way is a problem.

Because the client wil have to make all the step to select when the stop option.

Camera Raw needs to adjust automatically image by image if a preset was created

Becasue it does when manually - the bug,issue or problem is when you call that preset from a action.

1 Like