The current 50MB limit is plenty for most plugins. However, if you wish to distribute assets or use hybrid binaries (supporting Apple Silicon, MacIntel, Windows, and hopefully WinARM in the future) this can quickly create a scenario where the marketplace is not viable for distribution.
I moved this to the Marketplace category for @stutimansata
but it 50MB the limit of a CCX file or a limitation of the Developer Distribution portal? Or both?
Pretty sure the video teams upped the size limit at some point…
@Erin_Finnegan I’m not aware of a limitation for the CCX file itself but haven’t tried pushing it. I got a red toast message about a 50MB limit when uploading to the marketplace. I was already past the limit and had to do some work to squeeze it into something the marketplace would allow to update my plugin - so if there is a limit, the CCX limit is higher than what the marketplace allows.
What I remembered hearing about appears to be true; DEVDIST-9486 calls for the package size to be upped to 300 MB so it’s on parity with the ZXP file size limit. It looks like it’s currently being tested - the ticket was updated yesteday.
That sounds great, thank you for your help and the follow-up!
For VSCode Marketplace you can make OS specific installer. So you ship multiple installer files. They have limit 30MB and with that trick I got down to 12MB. This could also be a way.