How to update text input's placeholder font size?

Is this some kind of default CSS styling that you can’t override in Photoshop?

I’d like the placeholder text of my text input to be smaller, however nothing I’m trying has any impact on it:

#custom_text_input::placeholder {
    font-size: 10px !important;
}

Does Adobe not allow you to modify this property?

It looks weird to have all the font in my plugin be one size, then the placeholder text is way bigger.

To make matters worse, there’s a persistent text-input bug where if you pre-populate a text input with a value, it spills over to the left of the textbox area – meaning that’s not a great workaround either (see here: [Bug] text input contents initially scroll out of view)

While I’m at it, is there a way to use CSS to center the text that’s typed inside of a form input? This doesn’t seem to have any effect either:

#custom_text_input {
    text-align: center;
}

Thanks.

List of supported pseudoelements is here: https://developer.adobe.com/photoshop/uxp/2022/uxp-api/reference-css/Pseudo-elements/

And ::placeholder is not listed there.

1 Like

Gotcha. I ended up using a workaround where I just included some default text as the input value, as I can modify the font-size that way. To work around a known bug with the Photoshop Plugin text inputs, where if the text is too long, it starts off horizontally way off far to the left inside of the text input, I had to make it a very short snippet of text so it doesn’t appear cut off and covered up like that.