Menu command is disabled when using openDialog and executeAsModal in the command callback

I ran into this in my plugin project and decided to create a blank brand new project just to isolate this issue. So I have this plugin “my-test” that just adds a command to the Plugins drop down Plugins > my-test > My Test Command. When that is triggered, I just have it opening a dialog with showModal and running executeAsModal. This is the test code I have:

const {core} = require('photoshop');
const uxp = require('uxp');

uxp.entrypoints.setup({
    plugin: {
        create() {
            console.log("Plugin has been loaded, plugin. create has been triggered.");
        },
        destroy() {
            return new Promise(function (resolve, reject) {
                console.log("destroy has been triggered.");
                resolve();
            });
        }
    },
    commands: {
        showDialog
    }
});

async function showDialog() {
    await core.executeAsModal(async()=>{},{})
    const dialog = document.getElementById("dialog");
    dialog.showModal();
}

So this works fine. I have a dialog element with the id “dialog” in my html. it opens up a modal and will run anything I put inside the executeAsModal.

The problem is that after I do that once and close the dialog. My command is disabled in the dropdown UI:

If I remove the call to showModal, the issue doesnt reproduce. If I remove the “executeAsModal”, the issues doesnt reproduce either. It seems like only when these two are in the same command callback? I doesn’t matter if the executeAsModal has anything in its target functions or not. It doesn’t matter if I call one before the other. I get the same result. Is there something that I have to call “resolve” on or something? Is this a bug?

I believe this topic is about same issue