Console changes are coming, March 5th

Hello all!

Just a quick heads up that some changes are coming to the developer Console next week. @stevekwak is hard at work updating the documentation.

Existing plugins should be unaffected, but if you’re creating a new plugin, the fields you fill out in the Console will be different. These changes are part of our effort to improve the plugin submission process.

8 Likes

Update: I ought to have mentioned that if you’re updating an existing plugin (via the developer Console), it will be a different experience after 3/5.

3 Likes

Update #2: Please note that there will be no plugin reviews on March 7th or 8th because of the Console updates.

4 Likes

Update #3: The I/O Console was updated today. If you create a plugin project on the Console or upload a new .XDX via the Console, you’ll see the updates.

We’re working on an announcement about what’s changed that’s likely to come out tomorrow. If you have questions in the interim, we can answer as needed here.

Note that, as Erin mentioned above, there will be no plugin reviews for the next few days while the teams involved are wrapping up work on the related internal services. The CC Integrations Review team did get the current queue of plugin submissions completely clear before the blackout period, so everyone who had a live submission should already have responses from the team already.

We appreciate your patience during the next few days as we work to finalize an improved I/O Console experience for you.

2 Likes

Hi @Erin_Finnegan @ashryan,

I’ve noticed the new icon sizes (48, 96, 144, 192).
Are the previous 24 and 512 no longer required?

Thank you.

1 Like

@PaoloBiagini

That’s correct. Only those four sizes are required to submit your plugin to the I/O Console.

2 Likes

Ok, thanks @stevekwak!

1 Like

I don’t see anything different for a non-published plugin. Is that expected?

@cpryland, try to submit a plugin and you will see that now all info come from your manifest.
My compliments to the XD Team, great work! Definitely love this new update!

3 Likes

Update #4: Here’s our Tech Blog article on the changes: https://medium.com/adobetech/weve-updated-the-adobe-xd-plugin-workflow-on-the-i-o-developer-console-79cb5f11149c

Thanks for the compliments, @PaoloBiagini! Perhaps you can make a new setting for your icon export plugin… :grin:

5 Likes

Update #5: We’re planning to have specific migration instructions for you tomorrow, so if you want to wait, we’ll be able to make next steps very clear for you.

In addition to @PaoloBiagini’s comment, for a non-published plugin, the only changes you might notice are all on the plugin details page:

1. You can now rename your project name (reference name for your use only) in the Console.
  2. Your downloadable starter project contains an updated manifest.
  3. You can check plugin name (public name, which must be universally unique) availability before submitting for review.
2 Likes

Just submitted, hope it will pass the test.

2 Likes

Does it work from Safari now? :slight_smile:

Do you remember what was broken for you in Safari? I only use Safari and haven’t run into any blocking issues.

When you submit a plugin the last step doesn’t show any confirmation, but a blank screen (I think it was blank screen, however it is, it fails to submit and doesn’t display any feedback). Last time I submitted a plugin was few weeks ago and after it failed I remembered I had to do it in Chrome, so didn’t bother much, because it was the same the first try I tried it and reported it.

Edit: maybe it’s fixed now with these changes.

1 Like

I’ll share this with the team, just in case.

I can confirm, never had issues with Safari.

1 Like

Yesterday we posted this follow-up article with some of the more frequently asked questions: https://medium.com/adobetech/new-xd-plugin-manifest-q-a-a1f365d6dbbb

2 Likes

Is “main”: “main.js”, no longer required? It’s not listed in the docs.