If you already have existing plugins in the Plugin Manager, you might be wondering how does this Console update affect you.
The good news is that this update will not break your plugin. However, you might want to submit a patch update to enjoy new Plugin Manager features that will help your plugin’s discoverability.
The following is the list of new additions in this update. Make sure to read the new plugin submission guide.
- You can now include up to 5 screenshots of your plugin
- You can indicate whether your plugin requires a separate standalone app or requires logging into a service
- You can choose up to two categories for your plugin.
Following is the list of requirement changes.
The manifest has gotten much simpler. You no longer need to include marketing related fields in the manifest, such as
helpUrl. You can now provide this information when you submit your plugin in the Console.
- You are only required to include two icon sizes (
48) in the package. These icons will be used in XD’s plugins panel. Separately, you will be asked to include three sizes of icons in the Console (
192). These icons will be used in your Plugin Manager listing. This separation of icons used in-app versus icons used in the Plugin Manager gives you a tighter understanding and more control over how users experience your plugin icons.
- Console now has tooltips and added validations to help facilitate the submission process
Hopefully, this helps you transition into the new way of submitting your plugin. If you have feedback or suggestions, please comment below.