Debugger: DevTools failed to load source map: Could not parse content for

Running the debugger on an API version 1 plugin in Photoshop (beta) [version 23.0.0]

Get the following warning when loading the panel via the UXP Developer tool:

DevTools failed to load source map: Could not parse content for file:///D:/Jenkins/~/PS/workspace/ps-metabuilder/photoshop/tools/scripts/ux…common/genrule/out/uxp/scripts/uxp_js_maps/sourcemaps/webfs_scripts.js.map: Unexpected end of JSON input

There are actually eight instances of it.

Does anyone have any idea what that means?

I’m seeing it with Alchemist also, but not with UI Kitchen Sink.

It could be related to “eval()” permissions. It is needed to make inlined source map to work. I am not exactly sure what is the solution but you can add permissions in manifest version 2. (but changing manifest version might break other things)

Anyway, the latest version of Alchemist Dev version works well with source maps in the latest Photoshop. At least as far I know.

I don’t have any “eval()” functions in my code and the main js file (index.js) is plain vanilla JavaScript. Why would the debugger need a source map for that?

I posted this question on the pre release forum. My guess is that its been left in by mistake by the dev team

Ah… so that is probably an internal missing sourcemap.

Would love if you could share a plugin that you’re seeing this behavior w/; I can’t replicate on my machine.