Is it possible to include HTML inside Rectangle

HI ,
I want to create a plugin where my html forms need to insert inside rectange in editor, where i can interact with forms inside xd editor.

Hi! Welcome to the forums.

I’m not sure I understand your question exactly? Can you go into a little more detail about what you want to accomplish?

If you’re asking what I think you’re asking, the XD scenegraph is not related to an HTML DOM. The high level concepts can be reused (nodes have parents and children), but the XD document can represent more than just HTML.

If you wanted to create a rectangle in the XD document and then have a visual representation of some HTML inside that rectangle, you’d need to 1) convert the HTML to some sort of internal data structure that represents the DOM nodes, 2) iterate through that tree, creating equivalent XD scenenodes, 3) add that representation to the XD document.

Note that there isn’t always a 1:1 correspondence between HTML and the XD document structure, so it’s not always possible to get a perfect match.

1 Like

Hi Kerrishottts,

Thanks for the response! I believe you got the question I had asked. Let me elaborate a bit more to bring clarity:

I want to consume/create a html controls inside XD node - either inside the rectangle or a group using adobe classes to interact.

E.g. I may have a html grid representation designed through from my Visual code IDE which calls a web service internally to fill the data. Later I exposed the grid in html representation or a web component.

How do I consume the HTML representation in Adobe Node where data interaction happens via calling web services internally?

Thanks, Sethu