Limit Voting in a month

Hi this is regarding voting of feature requests on website

while there are few votes are available to give votes we cannot vote more than 4 feature requests

restriction is good but most of us want more than four features in App
so instead of restricting to 4 votes make these restrictions on a monthly basis
so every one gets some votes every month instead of full restriction

I guess you get one more vote if something is implemented? Then you get 4 votes you can distribute at any given time. I thougt like you at first, but now I’m leaning more towards having to distribute your 4 votes on something you want combined with what you think will actually happen. It may make your prioritizing better.

Hi – we’re always open to suggestions on the voting process. We’ll be adjusting the vote limits over time to ensure things feel right, but it’s also a valuable tool for prioritization. If everyone voted for everything, we’d not have any real guidance as to what’s important to the community.

We’ll take a look at the #s, though and see if there’s any tweaking we can do. (This forum is still really young, so a lot of the settings are the default Discourse settings.)

1 Like

@kerrishotts

yeah you’re right
votes by everybody to every feature only effects when there are unlimited votes
since it has already limit votes to 4 i think
so each month there are features arrives on forums if a person has voted some requests that are not completed and still want to vote a new feature which is similar importance to the already voted this limits the user and makes him some unevenness so we can limit these votes per month basis also i think you understand my concept each has 4 votes per month votes cast on previous month are locked and cannot be changed so that we can limit the user with 4 votes as well as raising the votes for important feature requests

So what if there are unlimited votes?

Updated this to a feature request.

It does look like they bumped up the vote allocations quite a bit.

1 Like

I don’t think so. I thought it was bumped but I’m still at the limit (20?).