Hi everyone,
I have a Photoshop UXP plugin. The plugin works perfectly on Windows, and I tested it on two different Windows computers.
I don’t own a Mac, so I hired someone to help prepare a macOS version. I enrolled in Apple’s Developer Program and paid for the membership. Using GitHub Actions on a macOS runner, I built the macOS native components, signed and notarized them with my Apple Developer ID, and packaged the plugin as a .ccx file. The GitHub Actions workflow completed successfully and produced the artifact Recky-1.3.60-Mac-Signed-CCX.
I downloaded the artifact and sent it to someone with a Mac to test. They tried these steps:
- They extracted the
.ccxfrom the downloaded ZIP and double-clicked it. Creative Cloud showed “Not compatible” and installation failed with error code -6. - They renamed the
.ccxfile to.zip, extracted its contents, and placed the extracted plugin files in the UXPPlugins/folder ( insde the plugins folder they created a folder with the name of the plugin, then inside of it put all the files ). The plugin did not appear in Photoshop’s Plugins menu. - They now tried to also placed the original
.ccxfile in that folder and double-clicked it, but got the same error -6.
The Mac was reportedly running Photoshop 27.10 or 11
Could the error be caused by the plugin’s manifest.json compatibility settings, the .ccx package structure, or the native macOS architectures? What should I check first? Is there a recommended way to validate a privately distributed hybrid .ccx before testing it on a Mac?
I can privately provide the manifest, workflow details, screenshots, or logs. Please help
