Where are UXP Logs Stored?

Where can I find the log from the UXP Developer Tool for each of my apps? I need to see logs of a lower level than warn.

The official documentation points me to a folder that doesn’t exist.

I verified this with Python

It is not in default or anyone else’s AppData folder, either.
I found a folder called NGL in the Temp directory but when I search all files in that directory using Notepad++ for some keywords from my UXP Dev Tool Log which would definitely be in there, I get no hits.

This post is also a feature request: Please allow us to toggle all levels of logs in the UXP Dev tool, and add a button that opens the log folder.

Hi,
The documentation is specifically for InDesign and logs would be generated in the mentioned location.
For other apps such as AI, PS please check the UXP logs at below location:
Mac:
/Users/{username}/Library/Logs/Adobe/{Adobe App}/UxpLogs_{timestamp}.log

Win:
C:\Users<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe{AdobeApp}\Logs\UxpLogs_{timestamp}.log

2 Likes

Thanks for pointing that out. I didn’t see those very subtle indications that the page was inDesign-specific. The fact that inDesign just so happens to have logs stored in a separate folder with the word “universal” in it also led me to deduce incorrectly there wouldn’t be app-specific log outputs in a different folder altogether.

It took some digging because there are plenty of photoshop folders (5) in my Adobe folder, but I eventually found mine at:
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2023\Logs