Plugin rejection reason: link to another download is not permitted

I received a plugin rejection reason:

For plugins installed via an Adobe marketplace, encouraging direct download and install of plugin packages is not allowed. Please remove any affordances that encourage users to download and install plugins or updates outside of the marketplace.

Currently I have the message in the UI dialog near the bottom as:

Click to purchase advanced

Would it be valid to rephrase it one of these:

Click to purchase license
Click to purchase license key

They would not need to reinstall. I keep the plugin updated in the plugin manager.

Adobe XD Plugin Manager doesn’t have purchase support yet so I was told that I can link to a purchase. Apparently this has changed?

What would be the appropriate way to handle this?

2 Likes

I’m not sure, but this may have been a misunderstanding about what the link is encouraging users to do. If it is there for purchasing a license key, this is allowed. I’ll relay this back to the team.

1 Like

The purchase comes with the xdx and a license key in the email. I can make it clear in the email after purchase that they do not need to reinstall a separate xdx. They can still update through the plugin manager. I include the xdx because people have asked for a copy offline they can install separately and it also comes with example XD projects that I can’t add to the xdx file on the plugin manager.

1 Like

Thanks @Velara.

I can make it clear in the email after purchase that they do not need to reinstall a separate xdx.

This could have been why they rejected the submission. Side-loading is of course supported, but we don’t want to encourage it when users acquire via our marketplace.

1 Like