XD Plugin File Upload takes forever

I’m trying to update a plugin and dropped a generated Package (via UXP Developer Tool) into the
Developer Console but the spinner doesn’t stop spinning. Any idea what could be wrong?

Safari’s console shows this after the page loads (before plugin upload):

1 Like

Ah, I now get a more helpful errors :slight_smile:

1 Like

Apparently the “Package” command from UXP Developer tool doesn’t bundle all files, e.g. there’s no more “main.js” in the package. I now manually compressed the contents and renamed the zip to xdx as described in the docs. Is there anything I need to change to make the “Package” command work?

1 Like

Hey @getflourish ,

That’s not what it should look like :sweat_smile: .

Could you please share the following details to hopefully enable us to reproduce the error you ran into:

• Operating system
  • General tech stack of the plugin (Vanilla JS/React/webpack/…)
  • The overall folder structure of your plugin (e.g., do you have a dist folder where manifest.json and a compiled main.js file are)
  • The “Plugin Build Folder” in the UXP Developer Tool (UDT) in the plugin’s options → “Advanced”

Thank you very much in advance!

Hi! I’m using the early Vue + Webkit Starter that was published somewhere around here in 2018. It looks as if it doesn’t have a /dist folder, instead the watch command just seems to output the main.js.

More or less like that:

/main.js
/assets
/src
/node_modules

But as mentioned, the main.js was excluded from the packaged file when I tried it yesterday :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll try to reproduce this on my end later today.

Tagging @Sujai for visibility