"You're disconnected" while installing plugin

Issue

We got customer’s complain that they can’t install plugin as they are facing error “You’re disconnected” without any details or ways to fix it. Window just hangs for couple minutes and shows error after that.
@stevekwak

Steps to reproduce

Just click install from the plugins page.

@gdreyv, It works for me on Mac. No error message.

It works for me as well but doesn’t work for user :slight_smile: Obviously such error exists as it’s handled and shown somehow. But how to detected and resolve the problem?

JFYI cloud sync is enabled in Creative Cloud app.

I’m unable to replicate this error. I suspect the customer ran into the internet connection issue?

Right, I tried after unplugging the ethernet cable. It’s simply a matter of connection.

But it works before getting to that page. I mean user went to the web page, click install it redirects to the xd web site, prompt to open xd and so on.
What’s the real url of the plugin which is used to download it? Does it require any specific ports to be open?

I wonder if the download is being blacklisted on the user’s machine? Perhaps a domain isn’t being allowed, or some antivirus scanner is being overly cautious?

Maybe :slight_smile: That’s why I’m asking about exact url and port which are used to download the plugin so we can ask user for details.

@afuchs / @peterflynn / @schenglooi Any thoughts here? ^^^

It looks like all plugins are on ccext-cdn.adobecces.comdomain. Is it the only domain used for download? Should we check anything else?

any one can help me? i was connecting internet

I think for problems like this, which pertain to how users engage with plugins (not APIs / issues facing developers), it’s best to post in the general XD user support forums. The support team there will be better equipped to troubleshoot firewall issues, pull log files, check that XD is properly installed & configured on the user’s machine, etc.

You only need loggin Adobe Creative Cloud.

Recently I have been getting the “loading” icon when clicking install.

Adobe personnel have mentioned upgrades to the plugin manager recently. I would wait a day and check again or post more information.

Might be related to other changes: