Decrease in amount received for marketplace sales in August 2023

Of the sales of plugins sold on Marketplace (Adobe Exchange), 90% go to the seller, i.e., me.

This was reduced to 80% in August. For example, if one plugin sold for 5.0USD, the seller received 4.5USD, but in August, the amount has changed to 4.0USD.

Could any of you who sell plugins please let me know if this is happening in your account or not?

Hi @sttk3,

I checked with the Marketplace team, and this has been under investigation, perhaps before you posted the question here.

Hopefully we’ll have an update we can post publicly soon.

Hi @Erin_Finnegan, Thank you for your response. Yes, I am still in discussions with the team in charge.

According to one of the people involved, this has happened to all Adobe Exchange sellers. I am wondering why there has been no reaction from any of the sellers.

Hm, I can’t see this behaviour in my account. Still getting 90%.

Thank you very much @tomzag. Interesting info.

How about a fixed amount equivalent to 0.5USD instead of a percentage, limited to the period August 1-25? Is it applicable? These are facts that came to light later.

You are right! That does seem to be the case. :thinking:

1 Like

We now know that there are at least two people who qualify.

@agandhi is still working on this :+1:t2:

1 Like

@sttk3 @tomzag

We have been working with FastSpring for the past week to identify the issue and the best ways for them to resolve it. FastSpring has committed to reimbursing the impacted developers by the end of September 2023.

I understand that this may have caused you inconvenience and frustration. I sincerely apologize for any disruption.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Sincerely,
Avanish Gandhi

2 Likes

@agandhi Thank you for letting us know.

I’m confused by the mix of positive and negative expression, but in essence you mean “If you have any questions, contact FastSpring directly”, right?

Additional edit

This question is about this sentence, although it is no longer in the original text.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact FastSpring directly. They will be happy to help you.

Yes, sorry I did not get a notification that there was a question.

Thank you for your answer.

You started addressing the issue on Sept. 15, and so far there have been a few transactions and showing healthy numbers.

Got back from vacation and checked my transactions - same story with lower numbers between Aug 9th and Aug 22nd (incl.)

Anyone contacted FS already? How fast do they fix the amounts?

Anyone? I just got a reply from FS with more questions than answers:

Thank you for contacting FastSpring Support. We understand this is important for you and are happy to help.

Can you please clarify if this is related to your payouts? Or what transactions are you referring to? What do you expect to see?

Please send the answer to these questions so we can have a better understanding of the problem and assist you properly.

We’ll be pending on your reply.

But FS doesn’t even have links to specific transactions. It seems they’re completely unaware of the situation. @agandhi, any advice maybe? Not sure how to answer their questions :pensive:

@Karmalakas I am still discussing this issue today since late August. The reason is that there is a discrepancy between the explanations given by Adobe and FastSpring and the actual numbers (values) that appear.

They might be willing to admit fault if you point out the steps to reproduce, expected values, actual values, etc., as in a bug report.

I am surprised that they will only respond to those who have volunteered to contact them, even though this is a bug for all Adobe Exchange users. This is a situation that Adobe and FastSpring should be willing to respond to themselves.

But there are no steps to reproduce any more. Most recent amounts are correct now :confused:

@Karmalakas In fact, I explained the difference between expected value and actual value by presenting the following data.

But that was only necessary because I was the first one on this issue. Let’s expect @agandhi to answer this one.

1 Like

It’s probably impossible to show them expected and actual values, because they don’t have any view where I could see transaction by transaction - all are merged into a pie-chart :confused: Also amounts constantly differ (no idea based on what) - e.g. if plugin price is $10, sometimes you get $9.10 and sometimes $9.16 (don’t recall exact values now, but something similar) :man_shrugging:

Why did you think your transaction applied to this issue? Perhaps you looked at some data and noticed that things looked different than usual. You could use that data as an explanation.

When hovering mouse on pie-chart, I can clearly see that these sums are missing around 50 cents for each summand. I just have no way to point them out to FS support. I guess I’ll just have to make some screenshots, but that’s gonna be even more confusing for them IMO. I already told them they are different and explained in detail what I know, but it seems they have no clue what’s going on