How to download plugins purchased under a different email?

A pattern I’m quickly seeing emerge is that some customers purchase panels via CCD using an email address which is different from the one they use to log into Adobe Creative Cloud. As a result, they cannot install their purchased software.

Two questions:

• How can they quickly resolve this? The 2-3 day email response is aggravating to many people.
  • Can the marketplace be updated to force login and use of their primary account email address to eliminate this mismatch issue?
3 Likes

Hi Greg, I’ve passed this along internally.

1 Like

@ashryan It would also be really helpful if the receipt linked to instructions for users to install. I’m finding a good number of people are confused with this new process. Linking to a simple video actually showing the process would really help people get on board quickly the first time (or if they haven’t used CCD in a while for a plugin). Thanks!

Hey Greg,

Following up on the second point here:
This is possible but won’t happen for a while. We’ve seen this same issue arise with a couple of other partners, but it’s honestly been a small handful.

There’s a poor assumption that multi-account users aren’t actively switching between accounts on the same machine – which would alleviate this issue.

And to drill in on the last comment, I’m not sure if I understand what you mean here about the linking to instructions from the receipt?

cc @gregbenz

1 Like

Hi Corey-

Thank you for the response. I agree that the percentage of purchases affected is relatively small, but it is an understandably frustrating experience for the end user to feel like they cannot install the software they just bought. If the purchase cannot be made to warn or force use of a known email, it would be ideal if there were simple and clear guidance on how to resolve the issue via the secondary email (which may not apply to institutional PS licenses, I’m not sure).

For the receipt, I mean that the actual receipt they get in email does not link to any instructions on how to install the purchased product. That would be a very useful place to provide clear guidance (ideally a page with an install video and help for common issues like mismatched emails, etc). Not only is this helpful at purchase, but many users will search email for old purchased when they buy a new computer, reinstall the OS, etc.

1 Like