Developer Distribution Launch: Current State

Hi!

As many of you have probably already heard, we’re rolling out a new platform for plugin distribution called Developer Distribution this week.

Any plugins currently submitted through the Console must, once released, get submitted through the new portal. All your data will get migrated/stay in sync with your Console projects.

This thread will keep you up to date on any important news around this.

Current State

The Developer Distribution portal is live and available at Loading... | Adobe Developer Distribution.

Submit any plugins/updates through the new portal.

You can find the relevant documentation below.

Documentation

The documentation for the new portal is already available if you want to have a look at/plan to submit plugins after the new platform is launched.

NOTE: Since the Developer Distribution portal itself isn’t live yet, any links to it in the documentation won’t work. Also, the documentation might have a few bugs due to last-minute fixes / rapid deployments up until the platform’s launch. This is to be expected and not a bug.

Link to the documentation (please read the note above beforehand!)

The host app-specific documentation (XD & Photoshop) will be updated to reflect the change once the portal is launched (on the same day).

I will update the Current State section above and post about any significant updates (launch/any delays, although I hope we won’t get any :wink: /launch of a blog post going more into detail about all of this / …) in this thread. If you plan to submit any releases in the next few days, please monitor the Current State and any posts on this thread.

Don’t hesitate to get in touch with me or @hollyschinsky (or directly here) if you have any questions/concerns.

Thanks,
Pablo

1 Like

Could you elaborate on this? Does it mean, even if plugin has no updates, it needs to be resubmitted once portal is live?

1 Like

No worries, there’s no need to resubmit.

Once the new platform goes live, everything that’s relevant gets migrated, and it won’t be possible to subit through Console any longer (there’ll be a link to Developer Distribution in the console).

So no need to resubmit, only the platform on which you have to submit/where you get notified about review status changes depends on/changes with the launch of Developer Distribution.

1 Like

Status update: The portal is live and available. Cf. “Current Status” above.

2 Likes

2 questions after a first quick look:

1. For me there are no listings on Loading... | Adobe Developer Distribution. I expected to see all my already created plugins from the console. It works if I go to the console and use the link to the new portal for a specific product.
  2. With the “edit listing” functionality I also hoped to be able to edit the screenshots/videos without submitting a new version. It seems this is not possible. Is this something you are working on or why is this not possible?
1 Like

Thanks for notifying us! I’ll forward your message to the relevant folks to hopefully find a solution to this, soon (I wasn’t able to reproduce the problem => if others are experiencing this, too, please let us know so that we can find a common pattern)

More information: On the new portal after I click on “Create new listing” I see a list of all my plugins created on the console. I can select one and can click on “Continue with existing Plugin” which shows the listing correctly.
However after returning to the main/home page nothing is listed.

1 Like

We’ve just launched a blog post going into more detail about the changes / providing an actual launch announcement.

You can find the blog post at Introducing a New Developer Distribution Portal for Listing UXP Plugins in the Creative Cloud Marketplace | by Agandhi | Feb, 2023 | Adobe Tech Blog.

Mobile unfriendly :frowning:

Noted/forwarded to the relevant team; thanks for your feedback!

• In listings my selected view and filter should be saved for the next time I open the page
  • Also I’d like to see a published version in the list
  • I really appreciate the insights graph - it’s much more than we had, but still pretty much useless without ability to filter and split by dates, plugins, Ps versions, etc. (maybe even geolocation and demographics)
1 Like
  • Opened a plugin, didn’t change anything, wanted to navigate back, but got a popup, that I have unsaved changes. Bad UX
  • “Preview Marketplace Listing” doesn’t load for any of the plugins
1 Like

The problem that I don’t see any listings on the main page seems to be resolved.
I also want to mention that I really appreciate the work that goes into making this new developer portal and I like a lot of the new features.

I want to bring up again my second question:
With the “edit listing” functionality I also hoped to be able to edit the screenshots/videos without submitting a new version. It seems this is not possible. Is this something you are working on or is there a reason why this is not implemented?
E.g. now that it’s possible to upload videos I want to do that. However I have to submit a new plugin version (even if I don’t have changes in the code) in order to submit a video.

2 Likes

@pklaschka it may be a temporary glitch, but if I follow the link you’ve pasted in the original post, I land into a blank home page (where I’m logged, though):

The console reports this (idk if it’s useful or not)

As soon as I get to the Listings they’re populated correctly, and then browsing back to the Home page results in it being properly filled with the expected content, finally :man_shrugging:t2:

Not to big of a hassle, but since it has happened consistently (a few days ago and today as well) I’ve thought to mention it.
Thanks!

1 Like

@DavideBarranca Ah, thanks for the heads up. I just figured out what happened:

Discourse (the forum software behind this forum that in 99 % of cases I like :wink: ) interpreted my “end-of-sentence period” (“.”) as part of the domain. I’ll remove it; then it should work again.

Thanks again for reporting this!

LOL I didn’t spot the dot, good catch Pablo :grin:

1 Like

With the “edit listing” functionality I also hoped to be able to edit the screenshots/videos without submitting a new version. It seems this is not possible. Is this something you are working on or is there a reason why this is not implemented?
E.g. now that it’s possible to upload videos I want to do that. However I have to submit a new plugin version (even if I don’t have changes in the code) in order to submit a video.

Can someone from Adobe answer this?

1 Like

Just tried to update a listing (Only edited a listing, no new version).
The only things I changed were the tags and I entered the required Support email.

I receive the following error on submitting:
Error when submitting data: Error: 400, Failed to process the request: {"message":"Extension name Social Media Toolkit Pro with locale de for version 723fbb3e is already in use","error_code":"887","field":["Social Media Toolkit Pro","de","723fbb3e"]}

It seems it has problems with the plugin name (should be the same in English and German).

2 Likes

We’re looking into it, thanks for reporting this!

1 Like